Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Year! - Plus possible upcoming posts and blog format alteration.



Well, this post won't be a review of any kind as it is simply more just quick message to wish you all a Happy New Year and maybe say one or two things about possible future posts and wondering about the post format I use for the blog.

FUTURE POSTS

Well, as for future posts, looking ahead I might do another game review post on the latest Hitman game (The Game of the Year edition for the PS4 and Xbox One) which I've not yet had a chance to play properly but will be giving it a go over the next couple of weeks (things are too hectic just now!).

As for other reviews, well I will probably do another top 10 list of my pick for the top 10 Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, the American sitcom starring Seinfeld co-creator, Larry David, who plays an exaggerated version of himself.  This will be a tricky one to put together as there are so many go episodes to choose from so it might take a while to work through.

I might of course also do a few new Doctor Who story reviews (of the old series not the new one) of the different era doctors at some point as they are always fun to do even though they can be quite extensive to put together.

I will also of course review new films as and when they are released in the cinema that catch my interest and for these posts as usual I will try and keep the spoilers to an absolute minimum!

BLOG POST FORMAT

Now, as anyone, who has read this blog so far might have noticed, that the post format is pretty long winded as I write alot about say a film's story and mention quite a few spoilers (unless it is a brand new film in the cinema then I try and minimise spoilers).  So, I will need to try and think up a way to reduce the amount of typing I do for these posts as it can become pretty overwhelming and for films and TV, I particularly seem to spend forever quoting lines of dialogue from them, which is what makes the posts so big!

So, perhaps an obvious way to reduce the format is by reducing the amount of lines I quote for each perfomer I comment on in the film or TV show I am reviewing.  Simple enough.  However I would need to take care that I don't reduce it too much of course as that's often been a reason why I revisit my old posts to expand on them and add more detail of the film or TV show.

I don't have a definite plan for this however, so this is something I will need to address as I go along this year.

50,000 VIEWS & 500TH BLOG POST

I also noticed on this blog that I am getting closer to reaching two milestones, first off in reaching 50,000 views on the blog (I'm sitting on about 49,500 just now) and also I am only three posts away from my 500th blog post.  So, I will need to think up something special (or interesting) to review for my 500th post on this blog.  Plus, it would also be great to reach the 50,000 views mark as it has taken five and a half years so far to get this far and it would a good milestone to reach.  So, I hope its one that will happen soon. 
 
SIGN OFF

So, that's it for now and I will be back again soon with another post, whether it be a game, film or TV show review or indeed a top 5 or 10 list.

So, until the next post, I will wish you all Happy New Year again and I will see you soon.

Bye fer now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment