Tuesday 21 August 2012

Treading the floorboards

Righty well as wee change I've got a bit of personal news, as I am soon going to return to the acting foray, after a year of inactivity (or if you like pure laziness) on that front, its about time that I got back into it.

So thankfully one of my good acting buds, Martin, is putting on a play based on one of the Terry Pratchett books, Wyrdd Sisters, which is basically a parody on Shakespeare's MacBeth, except it will be far more comical, so I'm beginning to look forward to it already.  And I've been cast in one of the parts, as the character Vitoller, who is the head of a troup of actors who are putting on a play, and is given the child of the king, who has been murdered by a Duke, who is seeking power (a la MacBeth style).  So it promises to be quite an interesting part, which I may end up playing in a Richard E.Grant style, as Vitoller is like a luvvy director, who has an arrogant swagger, etc.  Which way I will end up playing will of course be worked out later once I know what's going on with it more. 

So the play rehearsals should be starting in September in town, although the play itself will be performed out in Bathgate, and will also feature the Bathgate rep theatre cast, and it sounds pretty exciting to be a part of, and the play will run for two nights on 30 and 31 October.  And it will be good to get back into the old acting, and while I have found it to be nerve wracking at times in the past, its usually always been alot of fun to do.  The last thing I did was also just a scene from Measure for Measure for the STG's Shakespeare a la carte, which was fun, but it will be good to be part of a full play and ensemble cast. 

Another good thing is the part I will play hopefully shouldn't be too intensive (well I say that now!) so hopefully I won't be overburdened with so many lines to learn, as some of the parts such as the Duke (the equivalent of MacBeth) will be quite big and intense to learn.  I have enjoyed playing lead parts in the past, but I have also found them to be a bit stressful as well, and in the end I would rather be part of an ensemble cast, where all the pressure isn't directly on me to lead it.  Having said that I always don't want too miniscule a part either, so its just a matter of finding that even balance of stage time, but I will be happy to do my part as part of the cast and do my bit. 

Well that's pretty much that, as time goes on and as the play rehearsals get underway then I know a bit more about how it will all pan out, but it sounds like it will be fun to be a part of.

So that's the end of a rather short post, and I will end it there.

So there.

That's it.

Finished.

The end.

OK I'm done now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment